Global Blue pioneered the concept of Tax Free Shopping 40 years ago. Through continuous
innovation, it has become the leading strategic technology and payments partner, empowering
merchants to capture the growth of international shoppers.
We are looking for a team member to join our cause!
THE ROLE – YOUR DAY
- As a field support engineer, you will be a part of small and effective IT Support team in Finland, providing support to 8 countries (Nordics and Baltics)
- A typical day may consist of handling and supporting several different areas of IT such as infrastructure and network, Active Directory and Group policy and managing servers.
- As the environments are going to cloud and getting even more standardized, it is good to remember that important systems and software are partially or fully tailored and the architecture consists of more than 30 different systems.
- However, being part of team consisting of 4 members, your responsibilities will be matched with what you can and want.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You should understand that communication plays huge part in IT support and understanding basic users and guiding them to help themselves to solve IT issues is vital.
- As most of the solutions and software are our own, constant development mindset and picking up things quickly is important.
- You are a team player but can work independently time to time.
- You feel easy when prioritizing work in hectic environment
- Little bit of competitiveness is valuable since our team is the best team among support teams and you are willing to pursue this way of working.
- You understand how to setup, maintain and troubleshoot networks • You have a solid written and spoken Finnish and English skills and hold a relevant degree. However, other language skills will help you in international organization.
- Knowledge or certifications of following is an asset: CCNP, CCNA, CCENT, PCI DSS, Java, C#, SQL, PowerShell, SalesForce, BMC Remedy, and other languages are a plus.
- It would be helpful if you can advise to bring an aeroplane down safely just by using telephone ☺
- In this role, you have a chance to explore different cultures and people daily basis and have possibility to travel regularly to meetings, trainings and events as well as providing on-site support whether it is changing router or relocating office to new premises.
- Since our Finnish team has established a special status within the organization, we are a typical pilot country when trying new solutions and this way you can be part of the newest technological developments. Rolling out these fancy projects to several countries that affect tens of thousands of customers is challenging but at the same time, very rewarding.
- Working in The Company that is globally well established brand and the leader on its area
- Comfortable office premises in downtown Helsinki, competitive salary and very good personnel benefits